Three Centuries with Little Change
Following the reformation and the establishment of the Church of England for three centuries there was little major alteration to Harby church similar to the additions of aisles in the centuries before. At the start of this period the church probably had a stone floor with stone benches round the sides. There is no evidence now remaining but Nichols in 1790 mentions “some old stone seats in the chancel wall have been plastered up”. The first pews put into the nave of church were probably of the box design with high sides to kept cold draughts out. The description in 1832 says the church new pews were being installed, and describes them as “boarded”, probably this box design. Some remain to be seen today in the church at Tithby. At this period it was common for those using these pews to pay a rent. In 1834 a new pulpit and seats were put in. A memorial board in the tower records:
"The Pulpit, Pews and new Sittings of this Church were Completed in the Year 1834 William Evans Hartopp Rector, John Orson and George Hall Church Wardens, George Wesson Parish Clerk."
This may have included a reading desk as this existed in 1839 when the Duke of St Albans donated a new bible for it.
On the wall above the arch at the east end of the nave are four panels. The middle two are wooden boards with the coat of arms of George II who reigned from 1727 to 1760 and above it a board with the inscription “Fear God, Honour the King”. These were taken down and cleaned at the time of Rev John Savige. On either side are two panels with the ten commandments painted on canvas held in wooden frames.
The window in the north wall of the chancel nearest to the nave has three panes each with the letter W. This is the only stained glass in the building. The alphabet in Mediaeval times, coming from Latin which does not have the letter W, did not include W and the date of this stained glass is probably post Mediaeval.